Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kool-Aid

Do you ever stop and wonder how much of an impact the people you grew up around have on you? As I was thinking back to my early middle and highschool years I can remember how much of an influence my older cousins and siblings had on me. They never let me experience things on my own and I was always told what choices to make. Sometimes peer pressure can come from the people closest to you. I never really had a chance to make friends on my own because they were made for me. What my siblings and cousins did, I did. They introduced me to new people and new activities that sometimes I didn't want to partake in.

Sometimes choices are made for you and you don't know how to say no. Peer pressure is something that exists no just amoung friends but also amoung older relatives. Many people say there are two types of peer pressure but I only had the chance to experience one.

So my question is does positive peer pressure really exist?

3 comments:

  1. Yes,peer pressure does exist. While some people never experience it, there are still people that don't have the mature guidence to know what kind of influence certain people have on others

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think positive peer pressure does exist. When I first came to this country it was hard for me to make friends because i was ashamed of how I was so different from the other kids and I was not ready to give up my culture for another one. I usually stuck to my self, but my mother kept forcing me to assimilate myself and my culture with that of other kids. It had a very positive affect on my life, I was able to make friends and assimilate to the american lifestyle with out forgetting where I came from and who I am

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peer pressure is everywhere. It is so hard to say no to peer pressure but sometimes you have to make your own way in life even if you have to say no to the people you love most

    ReplyDelete