Thursday, October 22, 2009

As I was reading articles from an old news paper one article in particular caught my eye. There was an article on the role of women and how working was a “man’s” job. As I read deeper into the article I realized that women had no authoritative role in the 50’s and 60’s. Women were supposed to clean , cook, have children, and cater to their husbands.
I began to think what if the same ideas that acceptable back then were still in place today? What if women were no allowed to work and had to stay home? Personally, I wouldn’t be satisfied being a house wife. What about the women who has dreams of having a big professional career and children later?
Does being a mother means that you can’t follow your dreams? Does being a woman mean that you are not excepted in the corporate world? Aren’t women’s dreams and aspirations just as important as men’s?

1 comment:

  1. Are women's dreams and aspirations just as important as men's?

    I think that most people would say, "Of course!" or "Yes."

    But, would they say it because they believe it or because it seems like the politically correct answer?

    ReplyDelete