Thursday, October 1, 2009
Dreams
Dreams are something that everyone has sometime in their life. Dreams take many different forms and can be about a range of topics. As I slept he other night I dreamt something that was very disturbing. I dreamt that my grandfather had been killed and that I was the only able to prove who could have killed him. As the dream played out in my head it began to surface in my "real" life. As I woke up tears filled my eyes and my pillow was soaked. As i reminded myself this was only a dream, i went back to sleep in hopes that my next dream would not bring such horror. Low and behold the within the next hour i was up again tears filling my eyes. How could something so fake become so real? Many times i have asked myself this question. Are dreams for shadowing what is to come in the future? Was my dream letting me know that trouble was headed my way? I don't understand how something like a dream; which is often seen as a past time when sleeping have such real effects on a person. So my question is, where is the cut off line between a dream and reality or are they one in the same?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow. This is thought provoking. Dreaming would be a great topic for a research paper! I think there is so much power in the subconscious that our conscious mind keeps control over. But once our conscious mind goes to sleep, the door is opened into another realm altogether.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE DREAMS!!! Dreams interest me so much. I have so many books on dreams and analyzing them. Some people believe dreams are doorways to our past, our present, our future, or all of the above. I always try and analyze my dreams. I have THE CRAZIEST most vivid dreams always. Always. Its crazy. The average person has 7 dreams per night too. I was told there is a class here about dreams. I am totally going to take it. Yay dreams!
ReplyDelete