Thursday, November 19, 2009

Skype

Skype is a way for everyone to stay in touch with people that havn't seen in a while but can it be to dangerous?

The other day while I was on my computer I logged into my skype and I had three new messages from people that didn't know. The people were asking me did I want to chat and be friends with them. Now keep in mind I have never seen or talked to these people a day in my life. Me being a responsible person I deleted them but what about those who aren't so responsible? What about those who aren't so responsible? Wha about the children that have skypes? Will they be as quick as I was to delete the people that they dont know?

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a very serious matter becasue skyping could probably be compared top a new type of online chatting. For example, just as pedafiles would log into young chat rooms in order to talk with children, these same people can actually talk to a child face to face who doesn't know any better. My solution would be that people who are not responsible should not have a skype account

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is one of the best things to have on your computer. It is a way to stay in touch will all your friends and it makes things easier as well. When you are texting someone or AIMing someone, you can't really figure out who they are saying some words such as "whatever" or "I don't care" but when you can see the person you are able to see how they said it instead of guessing if they are mad or not. Or lets say that you are in a long distance relationship, using skype is a good way to see each other because talking on the phone is not enough.

    ReplyDelete